Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Unreal Garage sale Finds.

This past weekend I had Saturday off and decided that I would visit a few garage sales looking for some goodies for my etsy, and low and behold I found some amazing things.

I found a few things for myself, including 4 old blue Mason jars, for only 1 buck a piece!
After making some conversation with the home-owners, the little old lady came over to me holding a huge jar and said 'This might interest you, its shark vertebrae.' 
Yes... SHARK VERTEBRAE!
I couldn't resist. 
So I bought a Gallon jar full of the stuff.
She had painted some of them black and red to make jewelry, but they were so amazing just natural that I was determined to get them back to it... I separated the natural ones from the painted ones, and began some cleanup! 
Rinsed the natural ones with hot water, and vinegar to kill the smell. 
And then drenched the painted ones in some diluted bleach. 

I repeated it three times... 
And finally they are back to their natural color. 



Anyway.. I added some to one of the blue mason jars. 
Gorgeous... right??





No comments:

Post a Comment