Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Apple Core, BALTIMORE

I just made apple sauce. 
For the first time ever. I made sweet, fresh, amazing apple sauce!
I have the worst luck buying apples, no joke, every time I buy apples, I take a big-HOPEFUL bite and what do I get? Mush. 
It's awful!  Last week I went to Costco, and I thought for some reason I would get lucky, so I purchased a flat of 16 apples. 
The first apple.... crispy, crunchy, great. 
The second apple.... mush.
So today I decided that instead of just letting these apples take up the bottom half of my refrigerator, I would be domestic and take 'em to town!!!
There's something about baking with apples that just fits with fall.

Ready to make the easiest apple sauce ever?

3 LBS (give or take)  
1/2  cup water
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (to prevent browning!)
Sugar to taste(optional)

Add water and lemon juice to a non-reactive pan
Chop up all of your apples in chunks(skin your apples if you are picky about texture)
Turn your pan on medium heat and add apples
Stir occasionally to make sure the lemon juice gets over ever chunk. 
Let simmer for about 10-20 minutes or until your apples are soft
Put apples in a food processor 
If you are adding the sugar, return apples to the pan, pour in sugar and stir until dissolved.
If your not adding sugar, spoon into bowls, or jars, or tupperware... 
I put some in the freezer, and some in fridge.
Some for now, and some for later
 :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment