Tuesday, December 21, 2010

settle, little one.

You ever realize the things that you are living with things are broken?
For instance, for the past three years, I have had little to no light in my kitchen, the fixture has been broken and has worked a little bit here and there.
Yes-I have been cooking in the dark.
The passenger side mirror in my car FELL off in 2005, and I have never replaced it.
My windshield wipers scrape my window at each pass, and the timer doesn't work, if i turn them on, they go nuts. Or I have to turn them on and off, on and off, on and off.
My shoes don't fit, I have also had a broken toe since 2005, it is still black and blue.
I have no couch.


Last week, I had my kitchen light replaced. It was like my whole life had changed. How had I been living with out it?
I finally was given a couch. A place to sit? wow. What a concept.
Today someone pointed out that I have no mirror and I realized how accustomed I had come to living with certain things completely messed up.

How I had learned to settle with less than okay things. Making my dinner in the dark, or sitting on a cold wooden chair while watching a movie... I am worth so much more than this.



No comments:

Post a Comment