Saturday, June 23, 2012

#29. Help Someone

Today I am able to cross number 29 off of my summer to-do list. 
Help Someone. 

This morning, I met with a friend for our weekly coffee date. Normally we talk about everything under the sun for about 4 hours, and today started out no differently. 
A couple of women walked by with the most adorable little baby pup, and of course, I couldn't resist myself. I started in with the baby voice, going nuts, and playing with him, when I hear,
"Isn't he cute?! Do you want to take him home?"
Of course this was strange to me, I looked up to speak with the woman standing over me who proceeds to tell me her story. 
"My daughter was waiting for me in the parking lot last night, when an SUV pulled over in front of her, dumped out a dog, and drove away.  I can't keep him, and I need some help."
With out even thinking I said that I would foster, and find a home for him.
As we were standing there talking, he was running around and giving everyone kisses and sweet puppy love. 
I picked him up and was asking around the coffee shop if anyone would be interested in adopting him. 
A woman from inside the shop must have seen me, practically ran outside, and before I could turn around, she squealed "we'll take him!!"
After a few handshakes, Astar, and her Husband, Bob sat down and told us their story. 
Astar was going to be moving out of town, while Bob stayed back to tie up some loose ends.
She was going to be taking 'the boys' (their two dogs) with her, and leaving Bob alone.
They had just decided that they wanted to get a third dog.
Can you say perfect timing?! 
Anyway, it was an amazing little story, and I am so excited for this little guy, he is going to have a great life with these people. 


Not sure what he is, Bob said '100%  pure bred mut.'



Bob was totally in love.
 Astar went around the corner to call the pound to insure no one was searching for him, when she told us, Bob snapped, 'No! Finders-Keepers!'
It was very sweet!


Since we were at Peet's coffee, I thought he should be called Pete. 

Pete Espresso Forte. 

No comments:

Post a Comment