Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend Plans.

I was just sitting here trying to fill out job applications, and I thought, hmmm. I would much rather be blogging right now. I am aware that this counter-productive, but this is so much more pleasant, don't you think?

It has come to the point where I desperately need a new job. 
Between the awful hours, and minimal hours I am actually receiving, it's beyond time for a replacement. 
I know this is probably pretty standard, but I really hate applying for new jobs. 
Don't get me wrong, the idea of starting somewhere new is very exciting for me! 
But the process kills! 
The idea of selling your self seems very foreign to me, and I really just wish my work would speak for itself. 
I am really no good at talking about myself, so all of these cover letters are torturous! 
My ideal cover letter would read:  

"Hello, my name is Kelsey, and I would be perfect for this position. Please don't waste either of our time by reading anyone else's applications, or letters. Let's face it, I am the best.  I look forward to my future employment with your company."

The whole idea of sending out applications seems very monotonous when you just want to be working for yourself. 
Unfortunately, I am not quite there yet.  So I am in dire need of some income for now. 
Back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment