Thursday, October 11, 2012

Acorns

I took Alabama on a walk this morning and saw so many acorn 'caps' that I thought I would just snatch them up as many as I could and make something.  This was a really easy thing to do and I love the way it came out. All I did was paint the inside of the caps gold, throw them in a bowl, and light some candles! The more I look at it and see all of the gold, it looks like a camp fire! It is so cool!!  While I was collecting the acorns I pulled some branches down as well.  I stripped all of the leaves off of them, and put them in water.  I love the way this looks.  Fall is such an incredible season.  The way the leaves drop, the way the air changes, the way colors just come to life.  I love every second of it.  The sun is still warm one day, and it rains the next.  It always keeps me on my toes.  You know the feeling?
I have put an unnecessary amount of photos in this post, but I hope you enjoy them!







2 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea and the little acorn caps look lovely in your bowl! My little boys are always collecting acorns, too, and now I have a decorating idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful way to enjoy the fall. I love what you did with the acorns.

    ReplyDelete