Saturday, February 25, 2012

Diamond Saturday

I have this amazing, low, long 1950's that I got off of craigslist about a year ago. I got it from some people who had ruined it with a metallic turquoise paint and a thick layer of polyurethane that oozed over the edges... Last spring when I first got this table, I spent a lot of time scraping layer after layer of paint and plastic and eventually sort of burnt myself out, and ended up putting the table out of site.  The other day I started chipping away at it again and with-in the past 2 days I have accomplished a lot!
I can't find my original photo of the table right now... but I thought I would just show a little progress that I have made!
These photos are how the diamonds looked when I stopped last spring, after 3 coats of paint stripper, and an electric sander.  Now, I have gone back with some little tiny tools, and loads of sand paper and REALLY cleaned this little baby up! I still have a ton of work to do... but I am really happy with it so far :)



No comments:

Post a Comment