Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet and Simple Valentines DIY

This morning I realized that I haven't done anything for Valentines day, and while most of the time, I don't really decorate for it, I thought I needed a little something to show my excited for the holiday!
I found this long branch-vine and snatched it up because it was super twisty, and I love using twigs for crafty things like mason-jar light's, and twiggy-candle's, so I thought this one would be perfect. 

Supplies:
Paint
Pink+Red paper, or thick painted paper
String
Hole punch
A long twig, or branch
Scissors
 X-acto knife

I lightly sanded my branch, mostly to get all of the dirt off...
Paint the branch whichever color you like... I wanted to use a bubble-gum pink.
Since I didn't have any butcher-paper, I painted some thick paper different shades of reds and pinks.


After everything was dry, I drew hearts on the backs and cut them out.
When you have cut out the hearts, cut out letters with the X-acto knife.




I traced them with gold, for a little extra.
Punch out holes on each heart, string the string through the holes and loop around the branch.

Voila!

I hope you all have a great Valentines Day! 
xo




1 comment: