Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Update on me...

I decided to go back to school this semester... even though I graduated a little more than a year ago, I recently decided that I wanted to get my masters in a different area.... 
So here I am again in a Community College trying to scoop up the extra classes I need to get into my program. 
You see... I have a degree in Studio Art, specializing in Ceramics, and Sculpture. 
While in school I thought that when I graduated that I would end up teaching, but I have sort of.... well.... changed my mind. 
My current goal is get my masters in Marriage and Family Counseling with a specialization in Art Therapy. 
I am pretty excited about it... I am just hoping to do well enough to get into the school!! 

Art therapy is an amazing way of therapy that uses the process of art making as primary communication, instead of talking... 
I think a lot of people use art therapy every day with out even realizing it! Have you ever done your makeup, or decorated your room, or done something creative and afterword just felt...lighter? 
That is art therapy at it's simplest form. 


I love this illustration
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment