Monday, October 10, 2011

#9

I am really excited about this one!
You see- when I do these projects, there is not really any reason or rhyme to them.  I find materials that I want to use, and then eventually find a purpose for them, I know this is a little backwards, but it seems to work for me. Last week I found some chalk board paint in my 'supply' closet, I pulled it out so I would be reminded to use it.
I love using chalk board paint.  As some of you know, I write everything down, especially lists, and reminders, so I  love to use this stuff on everything.

While rummaging in a thrift store this weekend w/ a friend of mine, I ran across this broken in sketch-clip-board.  It was kind of gross, covered in crayon marks, and stickers, but after a quick sanding, and about 100 layers of paint, this little beauty is a new favorite of mine :)
If you want to do this, be careful. Unless you want to buy a sealant, which I choose not to do, painting these guys can be tricky... It's made from a partical board, and as you know-that's not real wood.  When it gets wet, it puffs up, and makes this really awful texture that is beyond repair.  
I am thinking of doing a DIY on this, if your interested, let me know (on here, or on facebook)

(this first photo is after the first sanding, just so you can see what I was working with)



1 comment:

  1. oh it turned out great!!!!!!
    hmmmm, if i go buy another of those boards, will you make me one?!?!?!? OH - CAN IT BE RED AND THEN I CAN USE IT AS A CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN BOARD?!?!

    ReplyDelete