Friday, October 21, 2011

Dog Park

I didn't do anything for my challenge today... honestly? I was too tired.

Today I met with the guy who is printing some of my paintings for a 'check-in', I saw a couple of samples that made me really excited! It was so weird to see my paintings that are normally sort of large-in a little tiny miniature format.
:)

After I left the printers, I took Alabama to my favorite dog park. It's right outside of Berkeley, and right next to the sea.  I debated not going today... I had to be at work at 4.30 this morning, and needless to say I was very tired... But I am so glad we went.
The air was so fresh, it felt like velvet. It was smooth and cold and was being pushed in every which direction from the wind.
And the sun! Oh man! The sun felt so refreshing! Was fighting the cold air with its warmth.
It was invigorating.

I love this dog park.
Not only is it beautiful... but the people are great. Maybe its because they are dog people... or maybe because they are Berkeley people... the people are priceless. Sometimes it gets a little messy, although Alabama is an extremely sweet dog, she is very fearful of people she doesn't know.  Even seems a little snobby at times, paying no attention to anyone.
Alright people, get your imagination caps on. This is a story that you MUST get a mental picture of.
On our walk, a woman approached us with her husband, and 2 furry little dogs. She reached out for Al, and of course, she pulled away. Your getting the picture... right?
I tried to to explain to her that Alabama isn't very found of strangers...
Either she didn't hear me, or decided to just flat out ignore me, the next thing I know she is trying to explain to me how all dogs like her and sat on the pavement in front of us. She then proceeds to pull out all of her treats, and toys. Laying them out. Displaying them to us.
Alabama still isn't budging.
Her Husband begins to tell me how dogs will be friendly if they feel like they can be dominant... blah blah blah...
The next thing I know, the woman is laying down on her back rolling around in the middle of the sidewalk.
I'm not sure who was more freaked out. I must of had the most obviously weirded out look on my face, and Alabama took off running towards the car.

I got to the car and just busted up laughing. It was too awkward, and weird, and hilarious.
You guys ever have anything like happen??



No comments:

Post a Comment