Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gone Fishing!

While I was in Southern California, I saw my dad's new house... the last tenants were fishers... not only did they leave an old boat in the garage, but tons of fishing equipment.  I saw some tackle boxes and I started scavenging, I found a ton of little gadgets. I don't have any idea what these things were originally used for, but I thought they were too cool to pass up.
Everything I took home smelled like fish juice, nastiness, and was covered in fishing hooks. I cleaned, sanitized, and de-hooked everything and made some adorable jewelry!!

ps... if anyone has any old Fish tackle boxes collecting dust, please let me know. I would be glad to make you something amazing if you want to do a little trade! 
keysforkelsey@yahoo.com



I also used little pieces from the hooks for clasps.


A weight that looks almost like a whistle, the deer is something I already had. 



2 comments:

  1. You're really creative, I love the jewellery you made out of some fishing equipment. I'd never have thought to do that.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah :) They were a lot of fun to do! I am now on hunt for more pieces though! One of the down falls of using vintage items... right?
    Thanks for stopping by :) Come back soon!

    xo
    KelseyDrew

    ReplyDelete